IMG_4109 B.jpg
Likes Like
RocketTOMACH
Launches1
Flight StatusSuccess
LocationPALM BAY SRA, FL
Event
IMG_7855 (2).JPGSRA-monthly launch 2019-05-18
Altitude3602 ft
1097.89m
Expected4329 ft
1319.48m
Velocity322 MPH
518.42km/h
Velocity Exp.367 MPH
590.87km/h
Gs Expected6.3
Wind Speed11.0MPH
17.71km/h
E 90°
Weight9.84lb.
4.46kg
StageMotor
1 J355-17-RL

TOMACH - FIFTH FLIGHT

2019-05-18 21:16:00Z

Insane Rocketry

Likefileicon launch20190518_131337_627.csv

Stratologger

Likefileicon Stratolagger Back Up II.pf2

Description

Got this rocket ready for a flight at SRA field. NEFAR field is coming soon, but I might not be at their first launch on June 08, 2019, Have other obligations with family, dam !!!

Update 05/10/2019 - Selected the motor, J355 RL, hope Bernie has them. Also made all the charges, Parachutes are also selected. Just putting it all together on Wednesday.

Update 05/16/2019 - Prepped the rocket completely, might be a late work day tomorrow again so I just prepped as much as I could, Charges made and connected, chutes folded and in bays, Sheerpins in the front and nosecone. Dog-barf applied were I could. Z ties all made, 3 on each side ! Stratologgers tested and ready to go, For now I'm charging all my batteries, Phones and camera's !! Also will make my flight card !

Update 05/17/2019 - Everything checked and loaded into the car. Still charging GPS Whistle, and camera batteries. Flight card made.

Update 05/18/2019 - LAUNCH DAY - A little windy at times but great day. Jason was flying his EZI on updated software. Did not fire the first time, low power/high power igniter. Also waited for Tim and other to fly. While recovering Jason his rocket I got bitten by an unknown snake, never located the snake, got some burning feeling for 30 seconds, but went away fast, no swelling, coloring or pain, so that must be good. When back and explained everything to everybody, I got my rocket on the pad, and launched it. Went up in a slight angle to around 4000 feet, recovery was close by within 2000 feet. Jason came to recover. It also seemed that the main stratologger did not fire, Both main and drogue charges were intact. Investigation showed that the cable to the switch came loose. Probably with getting the sled in and out a few times. But I always use the motor charge as a solid backup. Went home earlier like around 2 PM to pick up Florence in the Palm Bay shopping Mall nearby, We went to several 'doctors' to take a look at the snake bite, just to make sure for no further complications.

 

Comments

timcub
Like 2019-05-19 11:28:38Z

Great flight, sorry about the snake bite!

frewi80
Like 2019-05-19 12:14:07Z

Snake bite almost gona, Thanks for the wonderful pictures Tim !

timcub on 2019-05-19 11:28:38Z wrote:

Great flight, sorry about the snake bite!

timcub
Like 2019-05-19 12:56:56Z

No problem, glad you are ok. From looking at your data, it looks like that rocket doesn't spin at all, no?

frewi80 on 2019-05-19 12:14:07Z wrote:

Snake bite almost gona, Thanks for the wonderful pictures Tim !

timcub on 2019-05-19 11:28:38Z wrote:

Great flight, sorry about the snake bite!

timcub
Like 2019-05-19 13:00:43Z

or was I looking at some other data? confused now!

timcub on 2019-05-19 12:56:56Z wrote:

No problem, glad you are ok. From looking at your data, it looks like that rocket doesn't spin at all, no?

frewi80 on 2019-05-19 12:14:07Z wrote:

Snake bite almost gona, Thanks for the wonderful pictures Tim !

timcub on 2019-05-19 11:28:38Z wrote:

Great flight, sorry about the snake bite!

frewi80
Like 2019-05-19 14:45:35Z

It had a spin Tim, It was launched in an angle so I has some spin there, But before when I launched it straight up it had minimum spin.... Also I uploaded the right data, Had the wrong file a minute ago, but now it's all good.

timcub on 2019-05-19 13:00:43Z wrote:

or was I looking at some other data? confused now!

timcub on 2019-05-19 12:56:56Z wrote:

No problem, glad you are ok. From looking at your data, it looks like that rocket doesn't spin at all, no?

frewi80 on 2019-05-19 12:14:07Z wrote:

Snake bite almost gona, Thanks for the wonderful pictures Tim !

timcub on 2019-05-19 11:28:38Z wrote:

Great flight, sorry about the snake bite!


Video


Like

Like

Images

J449 BS.jpg
Like
K360 WH.jpg
Like
Motors J355 RL.jpg
Like
DSCN0484.JPG
Like
DSCN0485.JPG
Like
DSCN0486.JPG
Like
DSCN0487.JPG
Like
DSCN0481.JPG
Like
DSCN0482.JPG
Like
DSCN0483.JPG
Like
Stratologger Back Up II Setup.jpg
Like
Stratologger Back Up II Test.jpg
Like
Stratologger I setup.jpg
Like
Stratologger I Test.jpg
Like
DSCN0614.JPG
Like
DSCN0615.JPG
Like
DSCN0616.JPG
Like
DSCN0617.JPG
Like
DSCN0618.JPG
Like
DSCN0619.JPG
Like
DSCN0620.JPG
Like
DSCN0621.JPG
Like
DSCN0622.JPG
Like
DSCN0623.JPG
Like
DSCN0624.JPG
Like
DSCN0625.JPG
Like
DSCN0626.JPG
Like
DSCN0627.JPG
Like
DSCN0628.JPG
Like
DSCN0629.JPG
Like
DSCN0630.JPG
Like
DSCN0631.JPG
Like
DSCN0632.JPG
Like
DSCN0633.JPG
Like
DSCN0634.JPG
Like
DSCN0635.JPG
Like
DSCN0636.JPG
Like
DSCN0637.JPG
Like
DSCN0638.JPG
Like
DSCN0639.JPG
Like
DSCN0640.JPG
Like
DSCN0641.JPG
Like
DSCN0642.JPG
Like
DSCN0643.JPG
Like
DSCN0644.JPG
Like
DSCN0645.JPG
Like
DSCN0646.JPG
Like
DSCN0647.JPG
Like
DSCN0648.JPG
Like
DSCN0649.JPG
Like