| || |
AboutI am a computer programmer, and have been so for a long time. I love everything about programming, except maybe the last 2% of any project(haha). In 2014, I created an app on my phone. The original app recorded video, captured data, and helped with tracking down the landing location of my high powered rockets. When I started writing this App, it was not my intention to make a publicly available version. I continued for awhile to enhance and add features for my personal use. Then, I noticed it would not take much more time to create a rich App for everyone to use and benefit from. From there, things became kinda crazy. Since this addiction doesn't pay the bills, I worked on this project many late night hours (when not working on rockets!) and started implementing the features I craved:
- A robust and organized storage center for my rockets with their many pictures and videos.
- I wanted all of the media about a launch or rocket in a single location where friends could easily find them.
- The ability to track current projects that my friends were working on without searching through tons of forum posts.
- A single place where I could look up a rocket, see everyone that has launched that rocket, see how users rate the rocket, and download any relevant files about that rocket.
- A modern website that works well on a computer, tablet, and smartphone.
- I not only wanted to be able to download others' stratologger files from launches, but I wanted the ability to see those files in online graphs without the need to download.
- Android phones support these additional features:
- Optional automatic upload of high resoultion telemetry data upon landing.
- Optional automatic upload of launch video upon landing.
- Ability to see clubs, events, videos, and photos in my area.
- I have many more plans and won't stop!
firstname.lastname@example.org My most insane project to date: