|Velocity Exp.||376 MPH|
ULTRA-VIOLENT EXPRESS - THIRD FLIGHT2017-10-14 10:32:00Z
StratologgerStratologger I Main data.pf2 Stratologger II Back Up data.pf2
Probably will launch this rocket IF I get the motor adapter rings from MADCOW on time in the mail. - 54-75 mm. Actually will fly at lower altitude, no high alt that day. Just to adjust some spin correction. Will start with small tape portions on each fin and hoping that that will reduce the spin drastically. Still have to select the 54 mm motor that is powerful enough to get the rocket to around 5 K.... This is the first time I will be using the 54-75 mm adapter rings from Aero pack ! Hoping that Bernie has the Motor to take it to 5 K...
Update 10/04/2017 - Glad that I made an extra bridle inside the rocket, glued on the Motor Mouth so I can fly on 54 mm motors and not using the 75 mm attachment, I guess I had a smart moment when I did that ! haha..
Did also some extra masking tape on the shock cord where it exits the booster so to prevent zippers there ! Oops some last fine tuning moment that might be very useful.
Update 10/05/2017 - Stratologgers tests, all ok including batteries..
Update 10/06/2017 - Put some masking tape (1") on two of the fins to reduce the spin a bit. Checked with my other rockets and it has the same spin like the RED HEAT so I hope it will be less.
Update 10/08/2017 - Just realized that I have to modify the 4" AvBay slightly to accommodatethe Nexus phone.. Ahrrr more last minute work.
Update 10/10/2017 - Did some epoxy work on the AvBay sled, made some side supports from preventing the phone to slide sideways. Will have a screw in front on top to hold the phone from moving upwards..
Also parachutes folded and zip ties made with rubber bands. Chute in nose cone with 3 sheer-pins and dogbarf.Drogue chute is still outside lower part booster to load the charges there and also the Tag and RTX. Will be fun using the RTX...
Update 10/11/2017 - Did a fast final adjustment on the sled, Used a machine screw to hold the NEXUS from sliding forward, This might be a permanent setup for that phone. Also the A54-75 motor adapter came in from Madcow, took a while but all good, did some dry fitting already and it seems to work great.
Update 10/12/2017 - Charges all made = drogue 2.0 - 2.2 / Main 1.8 - 2.2 - All in place but not connected yet. Also parachutes folded and in place with dog barf in the nose cone. Also made two loops on the front end of the shock cord for the drogue that will hold the RTX and the TAGG trackers.
Update 10/13/2017 - Charges connected, Av bay dry fitted in booster, might need a bit of baby powder there. Car loaded with all the important stuff already. Made also a new checklist. Batteries charged of camera's, RTX (2) charged, TAG charged, tabled charging... Al good to go !
Still selecting some more powerful motors to get that heavy rocket going on a 4 grain 54 mm motor, just in case Bernie does not have one..
Update 10/14/2017 - Great day, nice sunny weather, but more wind then expected !!!! Prepping was a breeze and was on the second rack to launch. Went straight up with a swirls, maybe the wind or over-stable?...But nice up and deployment was also visible. Left the motor ejection charge in so was more then sure of deployment. Bernie did not have the K940 so I had to go with the second powerful 4 grain motor and that did the job great! Recovery was a bit tricky... Had to go to the field out west just were the tree line is and it landed just in front of it.. So easy recovery, but crawling under the barb wire was not so funny, Hardly a good place to find to crawl under !!! Feet got wet a few times but that was all taken with love for rocketry. Also Jason had a great flight, had some problems with the GPS fix, but could get one for as few seconds that was useful to find the spot. Every body happy and successful... Have to check for spin, maybe need a bit more tape on all the fins...