|HELL CAT II
HELL CAT II - SIXTH FLIGHT2019-11-23 07:38:00Z
StratologgerStratologger Back Up II Data.pf2 Stratologger I Main data.pf2
Got this rocket lined up for a next flight in NEFAR (Bunnell) or SRA (Palm Bay). Just want to test out the radios and the RTX again, Radios will keep broadcasting but RTX reboots...Also have the Tagg in there. Flight will be around 4 K. Streamer and main chute. Will make charges later this week. This is a make up Launch from two weeks ago when we had a tropical storm passing by. Will txt Bernie for motor selection !
Update 10/22/2019 - Made the charges today for this rocket, not sure if I will fly this one... Hopefully Bernie has a bigger motor (3 grain) for a 4+ K launch with streamer and radio's... Wanna give it a test with Radio's and RTX, will also have the TAGG/Whistle in there for GPS locations... Actually want a K449 motor for this flight. Brain the motorman will NOT be at the launch side, I was hoping to pick up an Aerotech single use motor to give it a test. Weather looks good, winds seems a bit at 9 mph around 11 - 12 AM..
Update 10/24/2019 - Installed the charge in the lower booster all the way in the motor mouth. Hope Bernie has the CTI K449 motor ! Also installed the streamer, put a lot a lot of dog barf Between the charge and the streamer, The streamer has his own protector but I also used the chute protector just in case. Installed all the charges. On top of the streamer I also used a lot of dog barf. Got the main ready also a 65" chute with spill hole from Micheal West. Charging everything nog, the RTX / camera's / radio's / blue-tooth dongle / phone / Tagg / Whistle. Also made two Z-ties on the chock cord in the lower booster. I will load the main tomorrow. Also just watched the weather for Palm Bay, does NOT look good, rain all day !!! So Bernie might not be there. Will see tomorrow what the actual weather will be, do not want to make a 3 hrs drive for a crappy day.
Update 10/25/2019 - LAUNCH CANCELLED !!! Indeed what I was afraid for. Low cloud cover, high winds and rain. Wise decision from the board ! Will move it to the next launch day, maybe GRITS.
Update 11/18/2019 - Finally, after weeks of launch cancellations SRA will launch thiscoming Saturday ! Have my rocket already ready and started charging some batteries !.. It will be sunny, bright in the 80 degrees and clear skies ! Might not go to Georgia/Grits, that will be another cold experience I guess! Nop ! Will pick another motor to get this rocket to around 5000 feet, will test nose cone and trackers/GPS/phone/ RTX. Cahrges are already made and installed. Will check the streamer again !
Update 11/19/2019 - Loaded the K449 BS motor,triangle cut out, also made the z-ties in both shock cords. Installed 2 extra O-rings on the motor, for and back, used extra grease from my last tube, squeezed it all the way out ! Will retest the stratologgers again.
Update 11/20/2019 - Stratologgers tested, all ok, above 9.00 Volts
Update 11/21/2019 - Charging RTX , and radio's now, have flight card already made up. Hoping to be there around 10 AM, and helping ALEX also with his hybrid project, Taking lots of pictures !!
Update 11/23/2019 - LAUNCH DAY - Great smooth day, chill morning in the 50's, but later temperatures in the high 70's... Low winds, with some gusts.... Prepping was a breeze, but since the RTX interfered with the radio transmission, I used the TAGG and the RTX and skipped the radios for now, will test at the next NEFAR launch. After the first rack I took my rocket to the pad. Launch rail was very shaky so I tighten it a bit, but still a bit wobbly. Since there were not that much rails I decided to go for it any way. After a few airplanes delays, rocket took of in a little angle, rail must have whipped the rocket a bit. Streamer came out as planned, great view. Rocket landed 1000 feet to the west at the edge of trees and scrubs. Streamer was draped all over he bushes. Tried to pull the rocket out of the bush did not help, booster was wedged in small low tree, so I have to go in and a bit up to untangle it. All worked great ! Have to check data and video on phone. Pulling hard on the streamer did not rip it...